Friday, January 9, 2009

New Year's in Paris

A few days after Christmas we left for Paris to spend New Year's eve and a few days in Paris with Meg, my mom, and my aunt Julie. We had a lovely apartment in the St. Germain neighborhood right near the Seine and Notre Dame. We spent our time walking in the Marais, a trendy neighborhood with lots of boutiques and cafes, visiting museums (the Pompidou museum of modern art, and the Cluny museum of Medieval history), eating well, and seeing the sights. The city was packed, and lines to get into the Louvre and the cathedral were prohibitively long. But we had very nice weather for the first few days, and at the end of our trip we had snow. For me it was nice being back in Paris, recognizing all of the places I'd been when I was studying there for a semester, and spending some quality time with my family.



New Year's Eve at the apartment.







No comments: